Monday, January 31, 2005

I Hate This About Me

I've been a bit on edge at work the last couple of days. The attitude I have is something I really despise about myself.



I have had a very low tolerance for stupidity recently.



Now, I am not a person of high IQ or anything. I'm of average intelligence, and I do possess what I feel to be a lot of common sense. It's just over these past couple of days, I have been very annoyed by people's lack of common sense, and in some ways, their laziness and sheer stupidity! I find myself biting my tongue when I'm asked a question on the phone like "Do you have any tickets for such and such show?" and I say "that show is sold out." The next question is "completely?" and I say "that show is sold out,(rolling my eyes into the back of my head, because I'm thinking what does this person not understand about the terminology 'sold out') yes, completely". The intelligent interrogation continues...."is there any way to get tickets?". AAAUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!



Today I was so irritated when a young person couldn't find the artist Geto Boys who recently released an album. You have to understand, this is the biggest CD release for us yet this year. The CD is on display on the FIRST DISPLAYER one comes to when they enter the store. It is also DISPLAYED on the TOP 20, which is an endcap that you must PASS BY on the way into the rap aisle. Geto Boys begins with a "G" and in the American alphabet, that letter comes immediately after "F", which comes after "E", which is after "D", "C", "B", and "A"! I assume that those who know the alphabet would be able to locate this artist's section since it takes up an entire half of a row right there in the "G" section! AAAAUUUGHHHHHHHH!! Then I thought, that maybe I am assuming too much figuring that the kid actually knows the alphabet, afterall, he did ask me for "Geho Bow".



Then there was the man who asked me to exchange a CD Lens Cleaner for him. The one he purchased was the brand Media Source, but he wanted to exchange it for a Maxell brand lens cleaner. Ummmmmm, a lens cleaner is a CD that has a tiny brush on it. As it spins in the player it wipes dust off the lens. You may even hear the audio instructions tell you to "advance to track 2 now" as it cleans. BRAND DOESN'T REALLY MATTER in this case, but I obliged and exchanged it for him.



Some of this stuff was just really grating on my nerves and I am very glad to have a couple of days off to chill.



I really hate that this stuff gets to me, that all of this gets under my skin, because although I try not to let my irritation show on the outside, I know that at times, it must. It is wrong to even have the thought "how stupid can you be?!?" and I know that I have much more growing in Christ to do.



I want to live in the Spirit!



Galations 5:16-18



So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.





I want to produce Fruit!



Galations 5:22-25



But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and selfcontrol. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment